Sunday, January 8, 2012

December 10: Homemade Ornaments

One of my favorite things that we did this holiday season was making homemade Christmas ornaments! It was oh so messy, but oh so much fun!! I googled the recipe for the dough and Reid helped me gather all of the ingredients. 
.....
 Reid always asks me if he can help cook, so when I told him I needed help mixing the dough, he was super excited!
.....
 Sissy helped too! And this is when it started to get messy! I let her pour in the flour by herself and we had flour everywhere...on the counter, on the floor, on our clothes...pretty much everywhere but the bowl!
.....
 "But mommy! I'm such a good helper!"
.....
 Then we mixed, and stirred, and mixed some more!
.....
 "Is this one cup, mommy?"
.....
 I was excited to make the kids' handprints. The sad part to this is that I cooked the ornaments too long, or mixed the dough up wrong, and after a few days the ornaments started splitting and cracking and then broke into pieces. I was so upset, but realized that it was about making the ornaments and spending time with the kids that mattered most. 
 .....
.....
.....
.....
 Aren't they adorable?
.....
.....
.....
 We got Christmas cookie cutters and made some more ornaments with the left over dough. Unfortunately, I forgot to put holes in these ornaments before I baked them and they ended up being little dough decorations instead!
.....
.....
Reid wanted to  make a Christmas tree and LilliAnn picked out a snowman!
.....
I'm looking forward to many more holiday craft projects in Christmases to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment