Saturday, January 7, 2012

December 2: Christmas Stories

I was sick this day. The stomach bug got the best of me and I was in bed (and the bathroom!) all day long. I was too exhausted from throwing up all day to carry out any extravagant Advent activity, so we decided it was the perfect night to read a couple of Christmas books. We read "Happy Birthday, Jesus" and  Jeb and I explained that the reason we get presents on Christmas is because people brought presents to Jesus on his birthday because He was the King of the Earth. LilliAnn liked to point out all of the animals that were with baby Jesus on his birthday and Reid pointed to the big, bright star and asked, "Is that Jesus, mommy?"  Then we sang "Happy Birthday to Jesus." I have the sweetest video on my phone of LilliAnn singing to Jesus.
.....
Next we read a classic...The Night Before Christmas. Reid really likes this book/poem because of the rhyming. He sort of knows a few parts of it and likes to act like he's reading along with Jeb...although it sounds more like jibberish :) LilliAnn points at the pictures and Reid asks questions like, "Is Santa going to come down our chimney?" Then he says, "some people call Santa Clause, St. Nick" and "those kids are wishing about candy!" (He calls dreams, "wishes.")
.....
.....
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment