Saturday, January 7, 2012

December 3: Deck the Halls

There were lots of issues with the trees this year. We have one fake tree and we usually get one real tree for our "traditional" ornaments. When we went up in the attic to get our Christmas decor, we realized that we didn't have a tree to put up. Our fake tree had seen better days, and Jeb and I tossed it after Christmas last year. I couldn't find two real trees that I liked here in Shawnee, and I didn't want to go to the city to look for a Christmas tree. I finally found two fake trees at K-Mart that were decent, and to make life easier, I went ahead and bought them. They are a little skinny, but are perfect for not taking up too much room, as well as for easy decorating and storage. I can't wait until we build our new house and I can put up a HUGE Christmas tree in the entryway!
.....
.....
 Reid LOVED helping "fluff" the limbs!
.....
.....
 We went to Lowe's to get a few outside lights and garland and came home with this $20 "thing." Jeb thinks it's a meercat, I think it's a farret. Whatever it is, LilliAnn was absolutely in love with it and would not put it down. He sings and dances to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," and she loves to dance along!
.....
 Sissy wasn't quite the helper that Reid was...she just wanted to jump off the step ladder!
.....
 Ornery!
.....
 And then, of course, so did Reid!
.....
.....
So pretty when we were finally finished!
.....
.....
 Oh Christmas Tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment