Friday, January 13, 2012

December 23: Just one present...

Reid was begging me, so I let the kids open one present each before Christmas.
.....
.....
 Reid helped LiliAnn open her puzzle...
.....
and Reid opened his Buzz Lightyear gun. Because this was the first present he opened, and because he only opened one present, he was over-the-moon excited about this nerf gun! He jumped up and down and said, "Mom! This is my best, favorite gun!" He wanted to sleep with it, but before he closed his eyes he handed it to me and said, "Mom, can you put this someplace safe for me until I wake up?"
.....
I really liked how the kids seemed to enjoy the "one" present that I let them open early. Probably because they weren't overwhelmed with a pile of toys that they opened, threw behind their back, and then moved on to the next package. I think that next year I'm going to let the kids open one present per night on the week before Christmas. I think that by doing this they'll be able to actually enjoy opening AND playing with each toy or gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment