Sunday, January 8, 2012

December 13: Decorating with Nana

We helped Nana Karen decorate the lake house for Christmas this year. We wanted the lake house to be festive, since we spend most of Christmas out there, but also didn't want to do too much decorating because we didn't want a lot of work putting decorations up and taking them down on yet another house. My mom and dad were having their Sunday school party out at the lake house this year, so the kids and I decided we would help Nana! Mom brought tons of Christmas decor from Shawnee and after sorting through the boxes, my creative juices started flowing! We went with a fun, whimsical, fairy woodlands Christmas theme. I thought this was perfect for the kids and the woodland theme was great for the lake house. I used all different colors, especially jewel tones, mixed in old, traditional ornaments and new sparkly ornaments, threw in some pine cones and some branches, AND even included mom's fairy collection into the tree!  
.....
LilliAnn was helping unwrap ornaments and broke several of Nana's good/special ones!
.....
 Putting the finishing touches on the tree!
.....
 Reid was such a good helper!
.....
 I love this picture of my mom and Reid.
 .....
My mom would tell Reid about each special ornament and they would talk about each one.
.....
 "What's this one Nana?"
.....
 Sis was taking it all in...and breaking ornaments!
.....
 Voila! How cute is this tree?
 .....
Some decor we threw together for one of the coffee tables...I also did the garland on the mantle and lighted branches with gold ornaments around a mirror in the living room. It all turned out ADORABLE and my mom couldn't be happier with the finished product! The kids and I enjoyed spending time with her and I hope this becomes a yearly tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment